Last week we released a new feature using which you can send your bills via twitter direct message. The idea was to make it easier for entering bills. Today we release another feature that will make your life easier. Now you can email your bills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter the bill details on the subject of the email. Once you have sent the email, your bills will appear on the Notes tab. Next time when you sign in just save the note as appropriate bill type. Turn your email client into a bill entering machine thats fast and easy. We hope you enjoy using this feature
Tag Archive: features
Lets face it, keeping track of expenses and bills is something we don’t enjoy. Its not something you would call a fun activity. Thats why here in Beezang we are trying our best to make it easier for you to stay on top of your expenses. We launched today a new feature which allows you to send in your bills via Twitter. Now you can send those bills as simple notes to Beezang, we will save it for you and when you got time you can sign into Beezang and save those notes as bills. To give you an example, how we recently used this feature. Last week Shivul went out of station with a couple of his friends from his undergrad school to attend their friend’s marriage. Now like any other trip that you take with your friends, this one also had a long list of bills that were split and paid by different people. He didn’t have access to internet on go. So what he did was send his bills as direct message via Twitter from his mobile. When they returned from the trip, he had all those bills waiting for him on Beezang.
Sending a direct message on Twitter hardly takes seconds either from phone, twitter web site or a twitter client. So now you don’t have to procrastinate on entering bills, its easy and fast. We hope you enjoy using this feature.
How to get started on this feature
1. Follow beezang on twitter.
2. Sign in to beezang, go to settings and add your twitter username.
3. Send your bills as direct message to beezang from twitter. e.g.
……….“lent 400 bucks to Sam”,
……….“spent 100 bucks on grocery for group home”.
4. Next time when you sign into beezang, you will see your direct messages in Notes tab. Click there and save the notes as appropriate bills.
To know more on how to use Twitter from your phone visit http://help.twitter.com/forums/59008/entries/14014-twitter-phone-faq
Ever since we launched, we had people asking for a feature to track personal bills. Some of you even devised workarounds to track such personal expenses like the money you spent on petrol, your daily pack of cigarettes or eating out. We took our time but it is here finally.
You can now enter your personal bills by clicking on ‘Add Bill‘ tab on your side navigation bar and then clicking ‘Add Personal Expense‘. You can enter the bill by filling in some simple details and assigning a category.
We have added a new tab on the Home Page ‘Personal Expense‘ . This tab shows you a nifty pie chart which gives you an idea about where you have spent your money in the current month. If you want to dig into the details , just click on “More Details” and you will be able to see the data and your spending pattern of the last three months. We hope you find these data useful. Give it a spin and let us know how you feel about it.
We have refreshed Beezang with a new look and feel. This is as part of our continued efforts to give the best possible experience to our users. This is what had been keeping us busy last few weeks. We have also added the feature via which you can add a transaction directly from the summary tab be it a debt/loan or a group bill. Do let us know how you feel about the new interface.
First of all, we would like to thank each one of you who have shared their feedbacks over email, im or on the site. We are trying to implement them as soon as possible. We have introduced three new features and wanted to give you guys brief overview of each one of them
- OpenId Login: Now you can login to Beezang using your Google or Yahoo id. You need not sign up for using Beezang . For the guys, who are feeling a bit uneasy now, relax . We don’t have access to your password or login details. Your login authentication takes place at the providers i.e. Google’s or Yahoo’s servers only. We have used a third party’s plugin called rpxnow which basically aggregates the authentication APIs of different providers to implement this feature. For those who are curious to know more about OpenId which makes this feature possible, click on http://openid.net/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenId
- Simplifying Group Bills: We have done some subtle changes in report group bill page. We have tried to make it easier to make entries of group bills where you split the amount unevenly. Let us take the scenario where Beezang users A, B and C want to split their lunch bill which came out to be 600 bucks. But hey, C didn’t have that Tandoori Chicken as she is a vegeterian, so her share of bill came out to 150 bucks only. Now all you gotta do is click on split unevenly, type in 150 bucks against C and voila, the rest of the amount is equally split between the rest of the members. Ok, now the next improvement that we have done is you can actually type in mathematical expression in the amount fields of group bills . So you don’t have to do any maths while entering a group bill. C always pays 15% of the grocery bill, cool just type in 0.15* (total amount of the bill) and the amount is there across C. While splitting a bill unevenly, you will find a small link saying auto-adjust besides the boxes that you edit. Well, just in case you edited the share of the wrong participant, you can click on auto-adjust and it will split the rest of the amount equally among all other members. We hope you enjoy, adding group bills now
- Share Bills over E-Mail: Now you have control over whether you want to share a bill with friend over email or not. You will find a check box in the Report Group Bill and Report Debt page and its your choice what you would like to do.
There are few more features coming soon. We just wanted to let you know that we hear you . We know there are some basic features missing like deleting bills. We are working on it and delete bills functionality should be up within a week. Keep sharing your thoughts with us.